Dog Agility is a dog sport in which a handler directs their dog around a course of approx 18 obstacles. Agility first appeared at Crufts in 1978 and has since become a massive sport in the UK and worldwide. There are numerous clubs across the UK and below are some local clubs based in Cambridgeshire.
Cambridgeshire Canine Centre do not run a club as such but have their own set of equipment that is available for hire to individuals, and run the 3 Agility teams that make up Team 3C – Cambridgeshire Demon Dogs, Cambridgeshire Diva Dogs & Cambridgeshire Devil Dogs. Fours groups also meet every other week for a group session with Toni Dawkins. Please feel free to apply for join the group sessions or to rent the equipment via the Contact Us page. We also run regular training days with external instructors – please see the Upcoming Agility Training Events page for future events.
Local Agility Clubs
- Godmanchester DTC – train near St. Ives
- RVA Dog Training Society – train near St. Ives
- Ely & District DTC – train near Ely
- K9 Sports Agility Club – train near Ely
- Training is Habit (TiSH) – train near March
- Cromwell Dog Club – train near St. Ives
- Horsemoor Agility – train near Chatteris/March
- T & A Agility – train at Littleport
Recent Articles about Agility from Cambridgeshire Canine Centre
- Our First Agility Show 27 June, 2012June 2012 saw us running our first ever agility show, backed by UK Agility. It was a small affair, but that suited us perfectly. It was a 2-day show with 4 rings each day, providing 5 runs for every size and level of dog – agility, jumping, games & 2 x steeplechase each day. We had a ...